The purpose of our Social Action Committee is inspired and guided by Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated's National Social Action Agenda. Many of the issues that our community is facing can be addressed by current and new programs supported by our National Executive Board. The mission of social action in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is to promote leadership, advocacy, and empowerment to effect social change and public policy.
The role of our local Social Action Committee includes:
- Conduct chapter Social Action activities and programs in the local community
- Initiate participation in state and national Delta Days at the Capitol.
- Establish, generate, and implement specific program activities for the chapter’s involvement on the
- local, state, regional and national levels that deal with social issues.
- Conduct voter awareness and registration drives.
- Influence the enactment of legislation, national and local, of particular interest to African-Americans
- and women.
- Encourage increased appointment and upgrading of African-American women in policy-making
- positions in government, nationally and locally.
- Maintain vigilance over action or inaction by local judicial and administrative agencies and officials.
- Participate with the local, state, and national NAACP organization, CASA Family Systems and
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Establish new partnerships with other non-profit organizations.
Through taking an active interest in the welfare of our country, we ensure that the rights and privileges of those in our communities are respected and upheld.